- 1. What information do we collect from you?
- 2. Where do we collect information from you and how do we use it?
- 3. With whom do we share your information?
- 4. How can you update, correct or delete your Personally Identifiable Information?
- 5. What are your choices regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
- 6. What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
- 7. Do we use “cookies”?
- 8. What should you know about privacy policies and data collection at any third party sites accessible from our site?
- 9. What else should you know about your privacy online?
You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to maintain a valid e-mail address as a registered user, review this site and this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the site after such modifications will constitute your:
- (a) acknowledgment of the modified Policy; and
- (b) agreement to abide and be bound by the modified Policy.
1. What information do we collect from you?
In order to better provide you with our services, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using our site. Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as registering for a user account or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself. This information may include your personal identifying information. In addition, when you create an account, you will be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information, including your email address. Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon your use of the site. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the site’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
2. Where do we collect information from you and how do we use it?
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you:
- (a) Register for a user account;
- (b) Leave feedback and/or comments; or
- (c) sign up for special offers from us or selected third parties.
In addition, we may also collect, or our third party ad server and/or content server may collect, certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our site and to gather demographic information. We will primarily use your Personally Identifiable Information to provide our services to you, as required by our agreements with you. We will also use Personally Identifiable Information to enhance the operation of our site, fill orders, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, statistically analyze site use, improve our product and service offerings, and customize our site’s content, layout, and services. We may use Personally Identifiable Information to deliver information to you and to contact you regarding administrative notices. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot problems and enforce our agreements with you.
3. With whom do we share your information?
- (a) our server providers and processing agents;
- (b) service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing and technology services;
- (c) financial institutions with which we partner; and
- (d) other third parties with your consent or direction to do so. In addition, we may share some of your Personally Identifying Information with the person or company that you are paying or that is paying you through tangled.com.
4. How can you update or correct your Personally Identifiable Information?
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information in your account online at any time by logging on to your account and editing your information. We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
5. What are your choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
Without limiting paragraph 3 above, we may, from time to time, send you e-mail regarding our services. In addition, we and our partners may occasionally send you direct mail (including e-mail) about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from such e-mail messages. You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our site may not work properly in your case.
6. What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
At our site you can be assured that your Personally Identifiable Information is secure, consistent with current industry standards. The importance of security for all Personally Identifiable Information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. Your Personally Identifiable Information is protected in several ways. Access by you to your Personally Identifiable Information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected tangled.com personnel and contractors have access to via password. We encrypt your Personally Identifiable Information and thereby prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us.
7. Do we use “cookies”?
When you use our site we will store cookies on your computer in order to facilitate and customize your use of our site. A cookie is a small data text file, which a Web site stores on your computer’s hard drive (if your Web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. The cookies make your use of the site easier, make the site run more smoothly and help us to maintain a secure site. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our site may not work properly in that case.
8. What should you know about privacy policies and data collection at any third party sites accessible from our site?
9. What else should you know about your privacy online?
You must be at least 18 years old (or otherwise reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, whichever is older) to have our permission to use this site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age. You should also be aware that when Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, address, etc.) on any profile page, discussion forum, message board or other public areas of the site, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be viewed, collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Any submissions to public areas on this site are accepted with the understanding that they are accessible to third parties.